Ms. Cassandra Danielson « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
English 2 Honors Supply List
8 tab binder dividers
Four pack of glue sticks
AP Literature Supply List
8 tab binder dividers
Loose leaf paper
Black ink pens
Highlighters (at least 3 colors)
Instructions for logging into USA Test Prep
Account ID: buffalo77
Username: student Skyward ID
Each of your classes will be listed if your teacher is using USA Test Prep along with the corresponding assignment(s). This means that when you log in, you could have assignments from your Biology class, Economics class, and/or Intensive Reading class as well as English 2 listed. Make sure you are choosing the right assignment for this class. Also, you can always practice for the FSA on your own. USA Test Prep has games and videos that you can access without having to have them assigned to you.
Calendar Color Code:
AP Literature - Blue
English 2 Honors - Green
Other Log-in Instructions
Helpful Links For All Students
- Do you have a question about a literary term? Check out LitCharts handy-dandy list of literary devices and terms!
- Looking for resources to practice? You will find Free ACT Practice Tests here. There are a number of practice tests here for you to use to practice Grammar and Reading skills this summer. The bonus? You get ACT/SAT/FSA practice at the same time!
- Access your textbook online! Please visit Pearson Easy Bridge and log in using your school email account and password.
- Google Classroom link
- NoRedInk is a great tool for grammar practice.
- Quill.org is another great grammar tool useful for working on sentence structure (building compound and complex sentences, working with parallel structure, etc.)
- Grammar Bytes is a good site to use to practice grammar skills
- Sentence diagramming help with Elizabeth from Grammar Revolution
- A wonderful writing resource is the Purdue Online Writing Lab, also known as the Purdue OWL. I will refer to this site often in class. Here is a great link for what your MLA formatted paper must include/look like.
- Writing Commons is another helpful writing and speaking (presentation skills) site. While the site does say it is for college level writers, there is plenty of information on the site that we review in class. I think you will find that it is easy to understand and navigate.
- The State Exam (FSA) website shares valuable information for students and parents/guardians and includes a training test and guide.
- P.E.R.T. (Postsecondary Education Readiness Test) - Florida's customized common placement test - information can be found here. P.E.R.T practice materials can be found on USAtestprep.
- The Center for Online Education has an Academic Writing Guide that has helpful advice on various types of academic writing, common grammar pitfalls, citations, and more.
- Helpful links for prefix, suffix and root word work.