Ms. Jordann Pierluissi « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
Welcome 2019-2020 Dance Tech Students! My name is Jordann Pierluissi and I will be your Dance Techniques teacher. Pierluissi (Pierre-Lou-E-See) is a mouthful so my students typically call me Coach P! Here are some fun facts for you to get to know me:
- I am an alumnus of The Villages High School, I graduated in 2008.
- I am currently the head coach of the award winning, Golden Girl Spirit Squad.
- I earned my degree in Sport & Exercise Science from The University of Central Florida while dancing for the competitive UCF KnightMoves dance team.
- I began my dance teaching career, at the age of 18, when I was hired as a dance instructor for the Universal Dance Association.
"We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once." -- Friedrich Nietzche
COVID-19 VIRTUAL LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
Good Morning Dancers & Parents,
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic and virtual learning environment we will be utilizing many different techniques and programs to keep your child moving, creating, and dancing! I am excited to have this opportunity and challenge to continue teaching your child! We are a tight-nit dance community and I want to continue to share my passion with your child! Most of the activities we are assigning will be to learn combinations and choreography from videos as I will do my best not to add extra written work to their plates. However, there may be some journal assignments and fun activities to get them to explore themselves and their creativity further as that is one thing we are called to do in the art world… Move the furniture it’s time to find space outside, in your living room, the garage, wherever you can find room and just DANCE! :)
At this time I am planning to utilize the following platforms:
- Google Classroom -- This will be our main means of posting assignments and sharing activities!
- Zoom – Zoom is a video communication app and website, I will utilize this for two-way communication office hours & for virtual live dance class!
- CLI studios -- This is an online dance studio platform that we began utilizing in class this year, I have a teacher account but the students can also sign up via their app CLIstudios to gain access to free professional dance classes from some of the top choreographers around the world! We will be using paid material and showcasing that on Zoom but I may also assign some of the free classes to our students to take advantage of via their app so make sure to check it out! From their site:
- Dancers are mobile...it's hard to find a dancer these days without a smartphone in their hands. And with YouTube and Instagram packed with dance content, they can be learning anything, from anyone, without oversight from qualified dance instructors. With the CLI Studios app for dancers, we can provide you with the confidence of knowing what your students are learning when they leave the studio - all taught by world-renowned choreographers.
- Instagram -- I have started an Instagram classroom for video sharing, fun activities, recommending other dance combinations from famous choreographers, & in general just communicating with our kids in a fun and informal way to keep them engaged! Parents are welcome to give us a follow as well so you can join in the fun and keep tabs on what we are up to in dance class!! If you do not allow your child to have social media, I completely understand and not to worry, just shoot me an email and I can create some alternative assignments and most of the material will also be posted on Google Classroom as well! Follow along @vhs.dance.class.2020
- Tik Tok -- if you can't beat 'em, join 'em right?!!! Whether we always love it or not Tik Tok has inspired our kids to dance and I will be brainstorming ways on how to use this to our advantage in dance class! Follow me and my account @coachpierluissi
OTHER CONCERNS RE. DANCE EVENTS 3.23.20:
Concerning Golden Girl Auditions: I have postponed the 2020/2021 Golden Girl cheer and dance team auditions until further notice as I am awaiting more information and updates from what is transpiring with COVID-19. Rather than a virtual audition, we would prefer to host a live auditions if that becomes an option later in the year; however, if that does not seem likely we will keep all candidates and their parents up to date via our webpage at www.tvcs.org/highschool/athletics and our Instagram @vhs_goldengirls with our plan of action!
Concerning Spring Dance Concert: I have not received any updates yet about whether or not our Spring Dance Concert currently scheduled for April 30 – May 2 will take place; however, until we hear otherwise I will continue to teach combinations and choreography to our class pieces until we know something for sure. I’m sure many of you have lots of questions regarding this, as do I, and I appreciate your patience & understanding during this trying time while we wait to see what the future holds.
Again, I look forward to dancing at home with your child and plan on making daily assignments fun, interactive, and inspiring!! If you have any other questions or concerns, we will be checking email regularly and responding in most cases within 24 hours!
Jordann Pierluissi (Coach P)
Cool Videos about Dance Class!
2020 Spring Dance Concert Dates
MS & HS Rehearsal -- April 29th, 2018 @ SLMPAC
Performance #1 -- May 2, 2019 @ 6:00pm
Performance #2 -- May 3, 2019 @ 7:00pm
Performance #3 -- May 4, 2019 @ 2:00pm Matinee
Performance #4 -- May 4, 2019 @ 7:00pm
18-19 Golden Girl Syllabus - (periods 1 & 7 ONLY)
2019 SDC Picture Order Form - updated 04.09.019
2019 SDC Rehearsal Info - updated 04.09.19
2019 SDC Video Order Form - updated. 04.09.19
Dance Tech I-IV Syllabus - updated 8.6.18
Fine Arts Supply List -
Flower Order Form - updated 04.09.19
SDC Performance Night Info - See which night you perform!
SDC Ticket Information - updated 2.28.18