Welcome Students and Parents to the VCMS School Counseling Page!
If you need to speak with your child's school counselor during the year please email or call (352) 259-0044 and the front desk will connect you. You may also contact them via email at the addresses listed below.
Mrs. Allisun Anderson - 8th Grade Mr. John Tucker - 6th Grade Ms. Tina Gaouette - 7th Grade
Email: Allisun.Anderson@tvcs.org Email: John.Tucker@tvcs.org Email: Christina.Gaouette@tvcs.org
Here at VCMS we strive to be proactive in addressing students' and parents' questions and concerns. If you would like to schedule a parent/teacher conference, please contact Karen Sorensen by reaching out to our front office staff at 352-259-0044 or email her at Karen.Sorensen@tvcs.org. Parent/Teacher conferences are held before school beings at 7:20 a.m..
2019 FSA Testing
FSA testing is right around the corner and we want you to be informed about the upcoming testing dates and policies. Please review the PDF below titled "2019 FSA Testing Dates and Policies" with your student.
FAMILY & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
TOLL FREE HELP LINES:
Family Support & Abuse Prevention
· Florida’s Parent Support Helpline- Provides confidential counseling and referral to parents who are stressed. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-FLA-LOVE (1-800-352-5683)
· Abuse Registry-Florida hotline determines if the information presented complies with the mandates in law and assists all callers with information and referral to enhance the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable adults. Available 24 hours, 7 days a week. 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-96-2873)
· Child Help USA- Offers crisis intervention, information and referrals. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) www.childhelp.org
· Parents Without Partners- Provides single parents and their children with an opportunity for enhancing personal growth, self-confidence, and sensitivity towards others by offering real help in the way of discussions, professional speakers, study groups, publications, and social activities for families and adults. Available 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-637-7374 www.parentswithoutpartners.org
· AARP Foundation Grandparent Information Center- A resource for grandparents raising grandchildren, professionals, support groups, researchers and policy makers. 1-800-OUR-AARP (1-800-687-2277) www.aarp.org
· Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America- Volunteers support families under stress and single parents by working with children in need of additional attention and friendship. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-888-412-BIGS www.bbbsa.org
· CHADD- A national non-profit organization providing education, advocacy and support for individuals with ADD/ADHD. Automated phone service. 1-800-233-4050 www.chadd.org
· Family Network on Disabilities- Provides family-driven support, education, information, and advocacy. Available 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-825-5736 www.fndfl.org
Health Services, Food & Nutrition
· ACCESS Florida- Toll-free number to apply for food stamps, Medicaid, and temporary cash assistance. 1-866-76ACESS(1-866-762-2237) www.dcf.state.fl.us/ess/index.shtml
· National Suicide Hotline- Trained volunteers and professional counselors are there to listen. 1-800-784-2433 or Teen Hotline 1-877-968-8454
PDF Files2019 FSA Testing Dates and Policies