Mrs. Renee Jacobson « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
I would like to wish everyone a wonderful summer. I hope you are getting some rest and relaxation. Remember that math is an everyday activity. Please figure out the discounts at your favorite store. Students can figure out the tip to leave when you go out to dinner. You can increase their allowance by 5% if they help around the house. Have your children calculate the price per gallon and how much it cost you to take them to their friend’s house for the third time this week. If you are planning a trip, have your child read the map and figure out the distances to the next stop without using google maps. Thanks for a great year and have fun with math this summer.
In this class, we will develop a lifelong love for math. Students will be reviewing concepts and skills taught from the previous year and expanding on these skills through a variety of techniques. The main ideas that will be taught throughout the year are as follows:
- Ratios and Proportional Relationships: Connect rates and ratios to multiplication and division; Apply the relationship between fractions, decimals and percents to solve problems
- The Number System: Multiply and divide decimals and fractions that represent real-world situations.
- Expressions and Equations: Write and evaluate expressions and equations and apply the properties of operations. Write, graph, and solve one-variable inequalities. Represent and analyze the relationship between two variables in a function.
- Geometry: Find the area, volume, and surface area of 2-D and 3-D figures.
- Statistics and Probability: Find and use measures of center and measures of variation to describe sets of data. Represent and analyze data using line plots, histograms, and box plots.
Florida Math Connects published by Glencoe McGraw-Hill
Your student may utilize the textbook’s website at:https://connected.mcgraw-hill.com/connected/login.do for additional skills practice.
Student log in:
Username: (first initial of first name and first initial of last name in front and skyward 10 digit ID)
Password: Passw0rd ( the 0 is a number)
Students’ grades will be determined by the following: Tests, Quizzes, and Practice. Homework practice will be posted on the website calendar on Monday of each week.
USA TEST PREP: www.usatestprep.com/member-login
ALEKS: www.aleks.com YES, you can continue using ALEKS during the summer.
If you ever have a concern about your student, please contact me by email at Renee.Jacobson@tvcs.org or by leaving me a phone message at (352) 259-0044.
Thank you ,
6th grade math
Chapter 1 - NOTES
Chapter 10 - Notes
Chapter 11 - Notes
Chapter 12 - NOTES
Chapter 2 - NOTES
Chapter 3 - Notes
Chapter 4 - NOTES
Chapter 5 - Notes
Chapter 6 - Notes
chapter 7 - notes
Chapter 8 - Notes
Chapter 9 - NOTES
Classroom behavior management plan - Classroom behavior management plan
syllabus - math syllabus