Mrs. Elizabeth Cipris « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
WELCOME TO COMPUTERS:
Welcome to computer class! I am very excited to be a part of your child’s school day. Our class time will be filled with many great learning experiences for the novice and experienced alike.
Computer Applications II:
Students are going to focus on two main topics in this coursework:
- Creating spreadsheets in both Google Sheets and Excel: Google Sheets is a web-based spreadsheet application that allows you to store and organize different types of information, much like Microsoft Excel. While Google Sheets does not offer all of Excel's advanced features, it's easy to create and edit spreadsheets ranging from the simple to the complex. Students will experience creating spreadsheets in both applications.
- Programming in Game Maker: during the second nine weeks students will gain skills related to software development, computer programming, and graphic design where they will learn how to create and program computer games..
Class Supplies for ALL Computer students:
- 1” WHITE viewfinder 3-ring binder (for space reason – please no larger than 1”)
- Ear Buds - students may choose to use their own ear buds (which they will keep in their backpack) or use headphones I provide in class.
- Flash Drive: it is mandatory that they have a flash drive that STAYS in the classroom. Not having their flash drive could result in grade deduction or zero. (sharing flash drives is NOT permitted)
- District: thevil83
Keyboarding practice links:
Parents, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns, and check the website regularly for updates in the class.
Computer Applications II - Syllabus