Mrs. Christina Ling « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
7th Grade Civics with Mrs. Ling
Welcome! I am so excited for this school year with your child. Please feel free to email me any questions or concerns you may have.
Please regularly log into Skyward Grade Book and view your child's grades. If you have forgotten, or misplaced, your login and password, please contact Tara Milow at the Central Office (Phone number 352-259-6848).
If you donate something for the classroom, make sure to send in the receipt, or a note or send an email to let me know how much to credit you for PI hours.
Below, you will find the calendars for regular and advanced classes. You will also find pdfs down below.
Helpful Online Resources:
- ICivics website
- USA Test Prep
- Florida Joint Center for Citizenship
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Textbook
- USA Test Prep
Unit 2: The Federal Government Chapter 7: The Judicial Branch (11/27/17-12/4/17)
What structures, functions, and processes shape the judicial branch?
- 7.1 In what ways is the United States a nation of laws? What are the five sources of law in the United States? What roles do the courts play in the United States?
- 7.2 What is the purpose of the U.S. district courts? How are the U.S. courts of appeals different from the district courts? What is the role of the U.S. Supreme Court?
- 7.3 What is the power of judicial review? What are the constitutional checks on the Supreme Court’s powers? How has the Supreme Court strengthened constitutional rights?
Due Dates: All due on 10/27/17
- Chapter 7 Bell Ringer
- Chapter 7 Test
- Chapter 7 Daily Quiz Homework
- Election Campaign project-due 12/7/17
Election Campaign Project:
Due 12/7/17-Please view PDFs below for more information or visit google classroom.
Students should take care to use websites that are RELIABLE and FACTUAL. Here are some websites that have proved to have reliable information. Students are not required to use these websites, it is only a suggestion.
• National Political Convention Dates
• National Political Convention Information
• Miscellaneous Election Data
• Information on the Presidents (biographies)
• General Information about elections
Have a BLESSED day!
2017-2018 Civics Syllabus - For Mrs. Ling-2017-2018
2017-2018 Classroom Behavior Management Plan -
Ch. 11 Homework -
Ch. 5 Bell Ringer -
Ch. 5 Study guide-blank -
Ch. 7 Bell Ringer -
Chapter 10 Bell Ringer -
Chapter 10 Homework -
Chapter 11-12 Bell Ringer -
Chapter 12 Homework -
Chapter 5 HW -
Chapter 7 Daily Quiz Homework -
Election Campaign Project - How to turn in an assignment to google classroom
Election Campaign Project - Instructions and Rubric
Election Campaign Project - Notetaking worksheet example
Election Campaign Project - Notetaking worksheet
Election Campaign Project - brochure example
Election Campaign Project - Powerpoint/Slides Example
Login information for online textbook - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt