Mrs. Kim Hubbard « Teacher Connection / Documents / Calendar
Welcome to the 2021/2022 Year!
We are plugging along and working the best we can with all of the attendance interruptions. Please email if you have questions, but all of the work that the students need is clearly shown in Google Classroom. I am also opening meets at the beginning of each class period (note: 5th period is at 12:12, after we are back from lunch, not at 11:44) and will keep it open to answer questions. Students are NOT required to attend the meet or stay the entire class period, but it has been helpful to answer questions "face to face" for those that have signed on.
Open House: This event will be virtual this year. Please make sure you on the correct link, I have three different classes that I teach. After you have watched the video you need to click on "Open House Parent Involvement Form for PI Award" so that your time will be credited.
- Peer Counseling: 1st Period
- 7th Grade Life Science: 2nd and 3rd Period
- 6th Grade Earth/Space Science: 5th, 6th, and 7th Period
- Open House Parent Involvement Form for PI Award
Week of September 7-10, 2021: We will be finishing our "Nature of Science" unit this week and testing on Monday, September 13, 2021. Because so many of my students have been out, any unfinished work for this unit can be turned in through the day of the test without penalty. Please note that this is a one-time thing, with it being so close to the beginning of the year, students are struggling with finding things and timing, so this should help even the field. ALSO: Please make sure that your student has earbuds/headphones.
Things that should be with you every class period:
- Appropriate VCS Uniform - school shirt, belt if bottoms have belt hoops, bottoms at least fingertip length
- EARBUDS or HEADPHONES - we will be using videos as part of our lessons, you must be able to hear them - this is critical
- Classroom supplies; including pocket folder and pencil
Tools we use:
- Google Classroom, so you will be able to keep track of your work even if you are absent.
- Pearson Online Textbook: Students should open their textbook via Clever by clicking on "SAVVAS EasyBridge"
- EdPuzzle: Use the "Signin with Google" button - or - signon with the same information you use to log on the Chromebook
- Quizizz: Use the "Continue with Google" button - or - signon with the same information you use to log on the Chromebook
- Quizlet: Use the "Log in with Google" button - or - signon with the same information you use to log on the Chromebook
- Skyward: Students signon information is the same user/password that they use to signon a desktop computer at school
We will use other software during the year and that information will be shared when needed.
- Questions: If you have questions, please feel free to email me (Kim.Hubbard@tvcs.org) and I will respond as soon as I can.
- Tutoring: Afternoon tutoring available as we get into the school year, it will be held from 3:15pm - 4:15pm. Days will be annouced when we get further into the year.
- Important Forms: Each student and family will need to review and sign several forms at the beginning of the year. In addition to the regular forms (Teacher Syllabus/Classroom Management Behavior Plan, Chromebook Device Usage Agreement), each science class requires a signed "Student Safety Contract". These will all be available to you electronically.
- Life Science: Please note that this calendar is the same for 2nd and 3rd periods.
- Earth/Space Science: Please note that this calendar is the same for 5th, 6th, and 7th periods.
2021-2021 Classroom Behavior Management Plan - For All Students/Grades
6th Grade Syllabus - Earth/Space Science
7th Grade Syllabus - Life Science
Science Lab Safety Contract - For All Students/Grades