It's That Time of Year Again!
Cold and Flu season is here! Here are some tips that will help keep you, your children and our school healthy through this time.
1. Please do not send your children to school sick. Children with temperatures 100 degrees or higher must stay home and may not return to school until the child if fever free without the use of fever reducing medication for 24 hours. Please do not give your feverish child medication to lower fever and send them to school. They are still contagious and can spread their illness to those around them.
2. Wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer, especially after blowing the nose, coughing, sneezing, being around someone who is ill, and before eating.
3. Eat right and get plenty of exercise and rest. Breakfast is especially important for all of us, but especially for children. In addition to getting metabolism started, it provides needed nutrients for brain power and activity.
4. Drink plenty of water.
5. Use tissues for sneezing, coughing and blowing the nose and dispose of tissues immediately. For sudden coughing and sneezing or when tissues not available, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
6. Keep hands away from your nose, eyes, and mouth.
7. Get a flu shot. The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older get a flu shot. It's not too late. The CDC has very helpful information about the flu vaccine on their website: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/consumer/vaccinations.htm
I can be reached at the Middle School from Monday through Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm. My phone number is: 352-259-0044, ext 2113. My email address is: Joy.Shumate@tvcs.org , and my fax number is: 352-753-1113.
Joy Shumate, RN
PDF FilesAllergy Emergency Action Plan - Allergy Emergency Action Plan
Allergy Parent Interview - Allergy Parent Interview
Asthma Emergency Action Plan - For Students who keep inhalers in the clinic
Asthma Nursing Care Plan - For Students who keep inhalers in the clinic
Asthma Parent Interview - Asthma Parent Interview
Diabetes Emergency Action Plan - Diabetes Emergency Action Plan
Diabetes Health Care Plan - Nursing Care Plan
Generic Individual Health Care Plan - Generic Individual Health Care Plan
Generic Parent Interview Guide - Generic Parent Interview Guide
Important Medical Information - Medication Policy and Procedures
Medication Administration Guidelines - VCS Medication Administration Guidelines
Medication Authorization Form - Prescription/Non-Prescription Authorization
PRN OTC Medication Authorization - Non-Prescription Medication Authorization
PRN OTC Medication Authorization Parent Letter - Instructions for PRN OTC Medication
Seizure Emergency Action Plan - Seizure Emergency Action Plan
Seizure Health Care Plan - Seizure Health Care Plan
Seizure Parent Interview - Seizure Parent Interview
Severe Allergy - Nursing Care Plan
Severe Allergy Health Care Plan - Severe Allergy Health Care Plan
Sumter County Diabetes Parent History Form - Diabetes Parent History Form
Sumter County Diabetic Supply Checklist - Student Diabetic Supply Checklist
VCS HEALTH CLINIC STUDENT FORMS CHECKLIST - VCS HEALTH CLINIC STUDENT FORMS CHECKLIST
VCS Nutrition/Menu/Diet Modification - Food Services Department/Health Services Form