The Villages Early Childhood Center ("ECC") and The Villages Little Buffalo Learning Center ("LBLC") are owned and operated by The Villages Early Learning Company, LLC, a Florida limited liability company ("VELC"). ECC and LBLC are not operated by The Villages Charter School, Inc. (TVCS), however, in an effort to provide continuity and seamless integration for students who advance to The Villages® Charter School, TVCS provides certain administrative services under contract with VELC.
Welcome Students and Parents to the VCMS School Counseling Page!
If you need to speak with your child's school counselor during the year please email or call (352) 259-0044 and the front desk will connect you. You may also contact them via email at the addresses listed below.
For those entering 6th grade this year, please take a few minutes to watch this introduction video from your counselor, Ms. Tina Gaouette.
Mrs. Allisun Anderson - 8th Grade Mr. Stephen Skoblicki - 6th Grade Ms. Tina Gaouette - 7th Grade
Here at VCMS we strive to be proactive in addressing students' and parents' questions and concerns. If you would like to schedule a parent/teacher conference, please contact Yomaira Martinez by reaching out to our front office staff at 352-259-0044 or email her at Yomaira.Martinez@tvcs.org. Parent/Teacher conferences are held before school beings at 7:20 a.m..
FAMILY & COMMUNITY RESOURCES
TOLL FREE HELP LINES:
Family Support & Abuse Prevention
· Florida’s Parent Support Helpline- Provides confidential counseling and referral to parents who are stressed. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-FLA-LOVE (1-800-352-5683)
· Abuse Registry-Florida hotline determines if the information presented complies with the mandates in law and assists all callers with information and referral to enhance the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable adults. Available 24 hours, 7 days a week. 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-96-2873)
· Child Help USA- Offers crisis intervention, information and referrals. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) www.childhelp.org
· Parents Without Partners- Provides single parents and their children with an opportunity for enhancing personal growth, self-confidence, and sensitivity towards others by offering real help in the way of discussions, professional speakers, study groups, publications, and social activities for families and adults. Available 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-637-7374 www.parentswithoutpartners.org
· AARP Foundation Grandparent Information Center- A resource for grandparents raising grandchildren, professionals, support groups, researchers and policy makers. 1-800-OUR-AARP (1-800-687-2277) www.aarp.org
· Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America- Volunteers support families under stress and single parents by working with children in need of additional attention and friendship. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-888-412-BIGS www.bbbsa.org
· CHADD- A national non-profit organization providing education, advocacy and support for individuals with ADD/ADHD. Automated phone service. 1-800-233-4050 www.chadd.org
· Family Network on Disabilities- Provides family-driven support, education, information, and advocacy. Available 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-825-5736 www.fndfl.org
The Villages Charter School (VCS) is committed to ensuring that its website is accessible to people with disabilities. If you use assistive technology and are experiencing difficulty accessing information on this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to gain access to inaccessible content or functionality of online content. To file a formal grievance under Section 504 and Title II with VCS please contact Patrick Murphy, Instructional Technology Supervisor at 352-259-2350.