Welcome Students and Parents to the VCMS School Counseling Page!
If you need to speak with your child's school counselor during the year, please feel free to email the appropriate counselor as shown below or contact the front office.
Buffalo Ridge Campus: (352) 259-0044
Middleton Campus: (352) 259-6860
Here at VCMS we strive to be proactive in addressing students' and parents' questions and concerns. If you would like to schedule a parent/teacher conference, please contact Jayme Glennon at Buffalo Ridge (Jayme.Glennon@tvcs.org) or Yomaira Martinez at Middleton (Yomaira.Martinez@tvcs.org) emailing or calling the appropriate campus front office. Parent/Teacher conferences are held before school beings at 7:20 a.m on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday.
Family and Community Resources
Family Support and Abuse Prevention
- Florida’s Parent Support Helpline- Provides confidential counseling and referral to parents who are stressed. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-FLA-LOVE (1-800-352-5683)
- Abuse Registry-Florida hotline determines if the information presented complies with the mandates in law and assists all callers with information and referral to enhance the safety and well-being of children and vulnerable adults. Available 24 hours, 7 days a week. 1-800-96-ABUSE (1-800-962-2873) myflfamilies.com/services/abuse/abuse-hotline
- Child Help USA- Offers crisis intervention, information and referrals. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453) childhelp.org
- Parents Without Partners- Provides single parents and their children with an opportunity for enhancing personal growth, self-confidence, and sensitivity towards others by offering real help in the way of discussions, professional speakers, study groups, publications, and social activities for families and adults. Available 8:30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-637-7374 parentswithoutpartners.org
- AARP Foundation Grandparent Information Center- A resource for grandparents raising grandchildren, professionals, support groups, researchers and policy makers. 1-800-OUR-AARP (1-800-687-2277) aarp.org
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America- Volunteers support families under stress and single parents by working with children in need of additional attention and friendship. Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-888-412-BIGS bbbsa.org
- CHADD- A national non-profit organization providing education, advocacy and support for individuals with ADD/ADHD. Automated phone service. 1-800-233-4050 chadd.org
- Family Network on Disabilities- Provides family-driven support, education, information, and advocacy. Available 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. 1-800-825-5736 fndfl.org
- Center for Autism and Related Disabilities (CARD)- University of Central Florida Branch- Provides individualized, direct consultative assistance to individuals with autism and related disabilities in Central Florida and their families. The Center is funded by the Florida Legislature through the Florida Department of Education and all services are provided free of charge. 1-800-9-AUTISM ucf-card.org
Health Services, Food, and Nutrition
- ACCESS Florida- Toll-free number to apply for food stamps, Medicaid, and temporary cash assistance. 1-866-76ACESS(1-866-762-2237) dcf.state.fl.us/ess/index.shtml
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 74171
- TeenLine: Text TEEN to 839863
- National Suicide Prevention: 1-800-273-8255
- Nation Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-2433
- 988-The 988 Lifeline provides 24/7, confidential support to people in suicidal crisis or mental health-related distress. By calling or texting 988, you'll connect to mental health professionals with the Lifeline network.
- If you need Emergency help please call 911